Friday, August 24, 2012

First Week Complete

So I have successfully completed one week on this program and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.  I'm really proud of myself for being able to stick with it and stay on track.  I went to the gym everyday this week, even though some days  I really didn't want to get out of bed or had very little motivation.  I decided to talk myself into the gym rather than talk myself out of it. I am, however, very sore. lol.  But being sore from working out is way better than feeling guilty that there was something more I could have done.  In past weeks I've spent my time half assing in the gym about 3 times a week, eating right about 60% of the time with cheats here and there.  I was basically doing all I could do to maintain the weight I was unhappy with.  I would go a week on the straight and narrow, working out and eating right, but not see any progress and that would be so discouraging, I would eat to feel better.  Of course I wouldn't be able to lose weight that way.  I couldn't see that.  All I felt was disappointment.  I honestly felt like I was giving it my all, doing everything I could do.  But I wasn't, I was being self-destructive. 

After this first week, I've modified that way of thinking.  I've actually stuck to a program, and made progress!  A few days ago I reported that I had lost 3 lbs. Well, after week 1, I've lost a total of 5 lbs!  I've never lost that much in a week (healthily anyways).  I'm hoping that I can keep this up.  If i continue to lost 5 lbs a week (which is possible the program says typically 2-5) I'll be at my first goal of 50 lbs in 9 more weeks.  That would be about mid-October.  My deadline is actually November, but I'll take an early victory.  It would be nice to do my weigh-ins with the rest of the command for a change.  And to actually be able to step on the scale, have the number read and walk away.  I don't want to have to drive myself insane in the days leading up, being careful to not gain an inch or a pound.  I don't want to stand nervously on the scale while they move the slide to find my weight.  I don't want to go through the embarrassment of getting measured and have my inches calculated.  I want to be within standards.  I want to throw away these giant uniforms and feel comfortable at work. I want to be able to wear all of my clothes and feel great in them.  And with this little bit of progress, I have the motivation and the drive to get it done so I can feel normal again.

So 5 lbs... I still can't believe it.  It's been a long time coming.  And I really want those pounds to know that they are not welcome here anymore.  Just stay wherever you are, you'll have more friends there to join you soon.

oh, and I'm thinking about just doing weekly summaries for a while.  and the occasional good thing update.  I know some of you actually read all of these so tell me what you think, daily updates or weekly summaries?

Thanks for reading, and sharing this moment with me.  Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Good job! Sounds like you'll be successful if you keep that mind set. Motivating yourself is half the work. Stick to it girly! You're gonna feel awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are greatly appreciated! Thanks for stopping by!