Sunday, August 19, 2012

Day 2


Day 2 has come to a close and I feel great.  I was full of energy all day.  I didn’t even take a nap, which for me is a pretty big deal. I woke up around 7:30 which is weird for me for a Sunday.  But I actually went to sleep at a decent hour last night (again, a big deal for me). 


I tried 5 different foods today to see how they tasted and add to the list of things I like and want to order again. 

1st Meal:   Spiced Pancakes.  Ok, let me just tell you, these are AMAZING!  They had a great pumpkin flavor to them.  I’m going to have fun finding ways to dress these up and do different things with them. 

2nd Meal:  Caramel Mocha Frap.  I took the Mocha Shake Mix and added 1 tablespoon Sugar Free Caramel Syrup, ½ c water, ½ c crushed ice, and 1 packet of Splenda with fiber then blended it together.  It tasted really, really good.  And the best thing is that there are other recipes for the Mocha Shake so I’ll have some variation. 

3rd Meal:  Cinnamon Pretzel Sticks.  I was a little skeptical about these at first because I tasted one about a month ago when my step mom started the program and it tasted a little chalky and dry.  But I think I just psyched myself out about it.  They are really good.  And there are a lot in the little package which makes for a nice, filling on the go snack.  I’ll be sure to have a pack of these in my purse if I’m ever out and about so I won’t miss a meal.

4th Meal:  Chili.  For this one, I consulted the internet.  I found a blog that gave a few tips and suggestions on how to make the chili taste better.  I started it about an hour before it was time for me to eat.  I mixed the packet of chili with ¼ c diced tomatoes, some hot sauce, chili powder, and Mrs. Dash table blend.  Then I added the mixture to boiling water.  I let it come to a boil then took it off the heat to set until I was ready to eat it.  When it was time to eat, I put it back on the burner for a few minutes until it was hot.  It seems like a lot trouble to go through but it was worth it.  I don’t know what it tastes like regularly but the way I made it was pretty tasty. 

5th Meal:  Lean & Green, Mojo marinated Chicken w/ Collard Greens.  Of course this was super delicious lol I’m not even going to explain it.

6th Meal:  Vanilla Pudding.  This was pretty good. It was kind of soupy so I think I’ll use a little less water next time. 

Day 2 went very well.  I wasn’t hungry at all.  I told myself I wasn’t going to weigh myself until the end of the week.  But this morning before I put my scale in the closet I accidentally stepped on it and stood there until a number came up, and I’m down a pound since yesterday.  I’m not going to get too excited, but it’s pretty awesome.   

I know this all reads a little boring but I promise as time goes on and progress is made, the entries will become more interesting.  Let’s not forget that I’m hilarious so I’ll try to spice things up from time to time when I can.  Tune in tomorrow. Same bat time, same bat channel…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are greatly appreciated! Thanks for stopping by!