Thursday, August 23, 2012

Another good day.

Today was a good day, good things didn't really happen, but nothing went wrong.  I made some more progress with my issues at the gym.  I bring my iPad sometimes to read while I'm on the cardio machines.  It helps with the boredom.  Listening to music alone isn't enough, and there are only 3 TVs and you can't really hear them. So I read.  Having a book on the machine is super awkward so the iPad is super convenient.  After my initial cardio I was going to go into the basketball court for some circuits.  But there were already 2 people in there around where I wanted to be so I opted for the stretching room instead.  A few days ago I downloaded the Nike Training Club App for iPhone (also compatible with iPad), I never used it but I had it so that had to count for something.  I wanted to do abs and remembered seeing a few workouts in there for just that.   All I needed was a mat and a medicine ball.  I wanted to start small since it was my first workout with the app, so I opted for a 15 workout.  There were 5 exercises total, toe touches, russian twists, plank, side plank, and Crazy Ivans.  Each exercise lasted for a minute, with 3 sets total, and a 30 second rest period in between each set.  The app coaches you through each exercise, let's you know when you're halfway there, and gives a countdown at 5 sec. Then it tells you when to switch.  There is also an option to watch a video of the exercise you're supposed to do if you're unsure what it is or what the proper form is.  I had to watch the video once because I had no idea what a Crazy Ivan was.  lol.  At the end of the 15 minutes, my abs were burning, I was dripping sweat, and I felt like I actually got something done.  The other good part about this story is that while I was working out, a guy came in to do a workout too and I didn't stop.  I went about my business and finished my workout.  I think I'm going to start using this app everyday.  I do need to put music on my iPad though.  It lets you add music to your workout and it will voice over the commands.  If you don't have this app yet, I highly recommend you get it.  There are toning, strength, high interval cardio drills, and area specific workouts.  You can share your workouts through social networking, and you earn rewards for the amount of time you spend using it.  And after all of that, I still managed to get up on the stair stepper for 5 minutes.  I had it set to 60 steps per minute.  5 minutes doesn't seem like that long, until you're on the stair stepper, then it's an eternity!  So since I did so great I took 10 minutes to relax in the sauna. 

That was a great way to start the day.  Great until I got to work and realized I had to climb so more stairs lol.  I did good with my eating today too.  I didn't feel hungry at all.  It did take me about an hour to eat my 2nd and 3rd meals so I think that might have something to do with it.  I've also decided that I'm not a fan of the shakes when prepared in the blender cup.  I'd rather blend it together with ice and get a thick and creamy shake instead of a gritty thing I have to shake up each time I want to take a sip.  And with the blender at least the shake is cold.  In the cup it's room temp at best, even with ice cubs added after the shaking. 

I wish I had more to report, but I think that's good for now.  I'm moving in the right direction at the gym and making my mandatory time there count.  Makes me feel productive.  And instead of wearing me out, it gives me energy for the rest of the day.  I still have yet to take a nap since starting the program.  whoo hoo for me! lol

Hoping to keep the good vibes going into the weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are greatly appreciated! Thanks for stopping by!