Monday, August 20, 2012

Another day down.

Greetings readers.

Day 3 has come to a close and I'm feeling pretty great.  I had a great day despite the fact that it's a Monday which almost never happens.  I've also gone 2 days in a row without a nap. lol Today was my first day at work on this diet plan.  It will take some getting used to but I think it went well.  I had to adjust my meal times to every 3 hours instead of every 2 hours since I have my first meal around 6am, I didn't want to end up eating all of my meals before I get off work.  Every 2 hours works better on weekends since I wake up later and I don't have much going on. 



So today I tried a few new things, so I'll only give a run down of those so I don't bored you all with the same ol thing.   I had a Vanilla Shake before I went to the gym this morning.  I combined the shake with a tablespoon of caramel syrup, a packet of splenda, and ice for a night morning frap and it was really good.  The thing I like about these shakes is that they are really yummy, and they aren't all grainy and gross like other diet shakes (or most protein shakes).  Drinking the shake on the way to the gym was a lot easier than trying to eat an orange or something.  And it didn't weigh me down once I started my workout.  It held me over until the next time I ate.  I also tried the Cinnamon Roll Crunch Bar.  This bar was better than the Caramel Crunch.  It was sweeter than I thought it would be, but in a good way.  It had a lot of flavor which was really great.  For lunch I had the Vegetable Beef Stew.  I didn't bring anything with me to doctor it up, but luckily it didn't need any extras.  I heated up the water first, then added the contents of the packet, reheated for 2 minutes, then I put the lid on it and let it sit for about a half hour.  When I was ready to eat, I popped it back in the microwave for about a minute and a half and VIOLA, it was done, and really good.  Another thing I wanted to add about the food is that I found that after eating it a few times I'm getting used to the change in flavor from what I'm used to eating.  I had the Cinnamon Pretzel Sticks for the 2nd time since starting the program and they tasted a lot better than the first time.  That's really reassuring for me because it means my body is adapting and that this will work out. 

Today I took it pretty light at the gym, because I didn't want to do too much and end up feel like poo for the rest of the day.  But tomorrow I'm going to step it up because we have command PT and they get pretty serious with the workouts.  It's essentially about 30 minutes of calisthenics and 30 minutes of circuits. I haven't actually participated in group PT yet because of my leg and metal plate, but I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow and see how I feel.

I still need to take my before pictures.  I look at myself in the mirror everyday before I get dressed but there's just something about having it all documented in pictures that freaks me out a bit.  It will be helpful to see my progress but right now, it's a big sloppy mess and I'd rather not expose myself to that.  I feel like if I did, I'd be way harder on myself than I need to be, and that would be counter-productive since the point of all this is to see myself in a new and brighter light.  I don't think I'd have an issue showing them to the world once this is over, but my issue is just me seeing them right now.  I'm hoping that I can work up the nerve to do it soon because it would really be a shame to miss out on this portion of the transformation.  I'll see if I can psych myself up for it tomorrow.  Part of what I'm working on is an improved body image, self-worth and confidence.  I guess this is the first step towards those things.  Hopefully I'm brave enough to take it.

All in all, I count day 3 as a success.  Until tomorrow....

1 comment:

  1. Jen you are doing fantastic! I love it. You are on the path to optimal health. TAKE SHAPE for LIFE is a full comprehensive program with Support, Habits of Health Curriculum and of course our medically formulated meal replacements that are the best in the industry.

    Congrats to you for implementing a healthy lifestyle. My best advice to you is to get rid of the word DIET. We all know diets do NOT work. Diets start and end and have the word DIE in them. One of my favorite Mentors with TSFL told me something that sticks in my head "you can eat medifast for a month or you CAN TAKE SHAPE FOR LIFE!" TSFL has everything you need to create health, as you are working on the 6 inches around your waist we help you with the 6 inches between your ears. Healthy body and Healthy mind!

    Your blog is so inspirational and I am sure it will inspire others to adopt the Habits of Health as you are doing.
    Keep up the good work! Remember Christine and I are here for you along with the entire bio-network of Take Shape for Life!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Comments are greatly appreciated! Thanks for stopping by!