Hello Again. Day 4 is complete. I'm still feeling pretty good. I tried 3 different things today for my meals. This morning I made my Vanilla Shake and I added 1/2 of a packet of Crystal Light Lemonade to it. It actually tasted really good. It was sweet and had a lemony zest to it. Nice and refreshing since I don't really get to drink juice anymore. This opens up a lot of combinations and flavor possibilities. For my next meal I had the Cinnamon & Brown Sugar Cereal. I have the option to eat it with soy or almond milk but I didn't have any so I opted to eat it dry. I like dry cereal. I've read really good reviews on it, and it definitely lived up to them. I'm going to get some almond milk and try it that way too. I bet it tastes great. After lunch I had the S'mores Crunch Bar. And it really tasted like s'mores. I don't know how they did it, but this bar is getting added to my favorites list and I will totally make sure I have it in stock. lol The next 10 days are going to be a bit hard for me since my working hours have been extended until 5pm. I think I'm going to switch things up and eat my lean and green meal at work since I won't be home until after 6. Since I have to eat every 2-3 hours, it will be easier for me to just grab a bar on the way home instead of worrying about rushing home to cook something and still be within my meal time frame. I think changing my lean and green time will also give me the energy to make it through the day. It will probably be something simple like a salad. I just won't have time to run downstairs to prep the meals so this will work out better for me. I'll try it out for a few days, and if it doesn't work, I'll modify my plan.
I restarted my progress journal. I track my workouts, moods, and food intake/times in it and write down any feelings or topics I want to write about. I usually think of something during the day and then forget about it by the time I sit down to write my blog entry. I'm also going to add my progress pictures to it. (once I figure out how to get my printer online again, damn thing was just working a week ago!)
I worked out with my command for the first time since I transferred here. I was always allowed to go do my own thing because of my leg, but today I gave it a try. I was able to do jumping jack for the first time in a really long time. I guess the physical therapy is working. I'm hoping to be able to run soon. Walking is such a drag and treadmills, bikes, and ellipticals just get really boring after a while. I've been trying to switch up my gym routines but I've run into a little bit of "gym shyness". I don't know what it is or where it comes from but I feel like everyone in the gym is watching me and silently judging me in their heads. It's completely irrational but I still can't manage to shake the feeling. I usually work out at the gym on base. Most of the people there are people that are already in shape and work out for fun or to build muscle tone. They're already in shape. And for someone that is out of shape and is working out to lose weight it can be intimidating. I know no one actually cares what I'm doing in the gym but if I'm trying to work out and someone else is in the same area as me I automatically feel like stopping, and most of the time I do. If i want to use the stretching room and someone is in there, I'll leave. And if I'm already in the room and someone comes in, I'll wrap up whatever I was doing and I'll leave. When I'm doing cardio I don't really have that issue but I can't get to where I need to be on cardio alone. I'm not sure what I can do to move past this shyness or how to build my confidence in the gym but I need to figure something out soon.
Until tomorrow....
I can completely identify with how you feel at the gym. The fear of being stared at and ridiculed has played a factor in my taking so long to get back in shape. So what I did was gathered a bunch of different workout CD's and started my transformation at home. I am at the point now where I dont need the gym. I bought a bowflex and I am about to buy the bowflex selec tech dumbbells.
ReplyDeleteI've thought about working out at home, but I'm obligated to work out at the gym. Until I start showing some sort of weight loss I won't be able to negotiate working out at home. I know I'd feel way more comfortable there and it would be a lot more productive. I'm hoping that after I lose some of this weight, I won't feel so weird about being in the gym. The only other option is to just use the gym for cardio and do the strength and toning exercises at home when I get off work. I'd do it in the morning but I have the be at the gym at 630 am and it's hard enough for me to wake up for that lol
Delete